Pioneer House Nursing Home is a tranquil and friendly residence catering for the needs of those requiring a little extra daily assistance.
Between the beauty of the manicured gardens, with garden chairs scattered around, the trimmed lawns inviting a game of croquet, the buzzing dining rooms, and the friendly staff, Pioneer Nursing Home is ideal for your loved one.
Residents pass their time safely and happily – either relaxing with a good book from the library in one of the lounges, receiving family and guests, watching TV, playing games or partaking in another enjoyable activity offered at Pioneer House.
The Home was built in 1945 so it contains many traditional features that add to its character – but it’s really the people that make this a special and warm home.
The charming chapel on the property adds to the tranquil and peaceful environment at Pioneer House.
Residents have access to 24 hour nursing care and can choose between a shared or private room. Bathrooms are shared.
All meals and laundry service are included in the monthly levy.
Services and features available at Pioneer House:
- Secure environment with perimeter fencing and guard at reception
- Nursing staff are available 24 hours a day
- Occupational therapy
- Manager and matron on duty weekdays, and on call during weekends
- Well-stocked library
- Charming Chapel (by donations from the community)
- Main lounge ideal for meetings, gatherings, socials and entertainment
- Smaller lounges ideal for a cozy chat with friends or visitors, to escape into the pages of a good book or just to relax in
- DSTV and TV in both lounges
- Visiting doctor, podiatrist and physiotherapist
- Visiting manicurist and hairdresser
- Weekly transport to nearby shopping centre
This Flower Foundation Frail Care facility has an individual and personalised care approach. There is a registered nurse on duty and a doctor on call should the need arise.
Every day is a great adventure at Pioneer House Nursing Home.
Residents look forward to delicious and nutritious meals prepared by in-house cooks.
You can take a stroll in the gardens and enjoy the many variety of birds that visit the colourful gardens. Or relax with an enthralling book from the mobile library.
The dining rooms are the perfect place to challenge friends to a game of cards or chess, or to dance the night away during the many entertaining socials.
Or, just watch TV and knit and chat with friends and family.
Pioneer House is part of the Flower Foundation and has many years of experience in fulfilling the needs of residents.
You can rest assured with the peace of mind that your loved one is cared for well at Pioneer House.
The focus is on professional and personalised care in a homely and stimulating environment.
Contact Pioneer House Nursing Home today to make an appointment to come see us.